With phone screens getting bigger I like to keep my phone in a pocket whilst charging on my desk or on the bed stand. The pattern includes a method to make a secure and solid charging station without eyelets. The charging station makes for a suitable gift for any smartphone users!
The Phone Charger Holder is a simple convenient little project to store your device safely and tidily while charging. The pockets and bias allows the sewer to combine colors and materials, making it your own unique pocket! The Pocket not only can store your phone but can easily tuck in your small gadget essentials like earphones. The Phone Charging Pocket is designed for all genders and all ages! A convenient yet charming project. Start the Phone Charger Holder now!
FINISHED SIZE: 5 1/4” WIDTH X 12" HEIGHT (APPROX.)
- What you need
- Description of each step detailed with pictures
- Computer drawn accurate actual size patterns
44” wide heavy weight home decorator, quilting weight cotton
(1) Fat quarter for exterior fabric
(1/4) Yard for of 44” wide light weight fusible interfacing
(1) Yard of double folded lining bias tape- 1/4" wide
(1) Spool of coordinating thread
Ruler, Scissors, Chalk pencil, Pencil, Sewing machine, Pins, Needle, Shape tool, Safety pin
* Seam allowance 1/4” unless otherwise specified.
* All units are in inches.
* There are two options in cutting the interfacing, with or without the seam allowance. Cutting the interfacing without any seam allowance will give it a better overall shape; if you would like to do this, use the original pattern (gray dotted line) to cut out the interfacing.
** After printing the pattern and taping the pieces together, please follow the reference the provided size guide (3″ or 5″).
Cut out the Fabric
Draw the patterns directly onto the wrong side of a single layer of fabric. Cut out the exterior, lining, and interfacing. Fuse the interfacing on the wrong side of the exterior pieces following the manufacturer’s guide.
(2) Front and Back Pieces
(2) Pocket Pieces
(2) Front and Back Pieces
(2) Pocket Pieces (no seam allowance needed)
(2) 34” Length, Double Folded Bias Tape
Make the Hanging Power Plug Hole
1) Draw the ‘hole stitch line’ onto the wrong side of back piece as indicated on the pattern. Place the back piece onto the front with right side together.
2) Pin and stitch in around the hole. Backstitch on starting and ending points.
3) Clip the corner seams.
4) Clip all around the hole seams.
5) Insert the back piece toward the wrong side of front piece.
6) Press the hole seam. The right side of the hole will look like the picture.
7) Topstitch the hole 1/8” away from the seam.
8) Baste the front piece and back pieces together. Topstitch a square to hold the front piece and back pieces together, as indicated on the pattern.
9) Place the front pocket piece and back pocket piece with right sides together. Pin and stitch the opening of the pocket, backstitching at both ends.
10) Turn the pocket right side out. Press and topstitch 1/4″ away from the top. Baste the exterior and lining together.
11) Place the pocket onto the front. Pin and stitch outline of pocket.
12) Fold one end of the bias binding inward 3/8”.
13) Align the bias along the lining seam of the assembled bag.
14) Pin and sew with right sides together, backstitching on both ends.
15) Encase the seam with the bias. Pin the bias and topstitch the bias 1/8” away from the edge, backstitching on both ends. Repeat for other side lining seam. Turn the bag right side out through the zipper opening.